Physician Feedback on Promotional Education Programs
Situation: For the past three years, TL Health has been surveying physicians on Promotional Education Programs to provide some guidance to industry into what is working and how to make them better.
This year we decided to share some of the results with both a physician and a nurse practitioner to provide their comments and clarity around the findings of this study.
The Speaker Program Planning Cycle
Situation: Promotional Education Programs are one of the most impactful initiatives manufactures can provide healthcare professionals to ensure they are educated on the proper use of their products. However, they are highly regulated for fraud with fines in the millions of dollars.
The Speaker Program Planning Cycle helps to eliminate fraud by creating a step-by-step process to provide the documentation needed to ensure programs are educating HCP’s while improving the customer experience.
Speaker Program Research Case Study
Situation: The client runs thousands of promotional education programs across multiple therapeutic categories and wants to get the most value out of the data they are collecting. TL Health conducts speaker program research.
- Discovered 65% of attendees were not relevant to the program material resulting in company-wide policy change in how attendees were invited and allowed into meetings
- Created algorithm when to retire a program, saving millions in speaker programs costs
- ROE identified that 20% of speakers were not able to effectively deliver the program material, resulting in improvements made to the speaker training process
- Learned 15% of the sales representatives were not using the programs effectively, which lead to re-evaluation of sales rep procedures
Awareness, Trial and Utilization Study Case Study
Situation: An emerging oncology company launches its first product into the US market. They want to understand the market and how its product is positioned within it. Where are the opportunities? TL Health conducts an Awareness, Trial, Utilization study.
Key takeaways for the client included:
- Client can clearly understand the dynamics in place between the decision makers and key influencers for better allocation of the sales force
- Executive Summary outlines five initiatives that can increase patient utilization by 50%
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats are clearly mapped out and become part of the sales force training program
- Topline report is presented at National Sales Meeting and is updated on a yearly basis
New Product Launch - Concept Testing Case Study
Situation: Client is developing a new medical device for the treatment of osteoarthritis and needs to understand the current treatment options to determine potential opportunities and barriers for their product, once approved. TL Health conducts a new product launch qualitative research study.
- Identified a huge unmet need with estimated five-year sales of over half a billion dollars
- Physicians were impressed by the product profile and excited about the new potential candidate to help patients with osteoarthritis pain
- Client is moving forward with go-to-market strategy
Benchmarking Study Case Study
Situation: The client promotes a multi-billion drug within the oncology and urology markets and wants to understand where their speaker programs stack-up versus the competition. TL Health conducts a benchmarking study.
Marketing Sciences team was able to:
- Conduct a complete overhaul of the speaker program process from inviting HCPs to sales rep follow-up post program
- Update program data and customize program topics based on specific audiences’ needs
- Understand how their programs compare to top competitors across a number of key performance indicators
- Identify their programs’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Uncover the current treatment habits within their market
New Product Launch Case Study
Situation: The client is developing a new product in the dental space. They want to identify which potential market offers the greatest opportunity and design a clinical trial that is most impactful to their customer base. TL Health conducts a new product launch qualitative research study.
Upper management was able to:
- Uncover a new market worth 10 times their current strategy
- Develop a list of product attributes most important to their customers
- Understand the current competitive landscape within each of the potential markets they were considering entering
- Learn the current treatment protocols in the dental space
- Discover the current promotional dynamics within the market
Market Evaluation Case Study
Situation: The client is considering launching a new technology and wants to know the current treatment conventions and preferences within the oncology market. TL Health conducts a market evaluation research study.
Upper management was able to:
- Determine the difference between good and best in terms of treatment outcome
- Understand the current treatment practices, barriers and opportunities for a new market entrant
- Identify current treatment protocols and the decision-making process for treatment selection
start growing now
Want to learn more about how we can help your business grow? Get in touch today!